Singapore International School believes that cultural intelligence and international skills are critical for success in a globalized world. Our Overseas Study opportunities are designed to support the development of cultural intelligence and international skills in our students.
Cross-border Campus Programme
One of our key initiatives is to create a system of cross-border campuses beyond Vietnam. As global integration and international mobility have increased rapidly, new and exciting opportunities for international students are emerging. We are planning to prepare the next generation to be well-equipped as global citizens.
In addition to bringing an International presence to the education sector, our school system will allow students from our campuses in Vietnam to spend one term of their school year studying in our other campuses across the region in various countries such as Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and United States of America.
Similarly, students enrolled in our campuses in other countries will have the opportunity to undertake one term of their study in Vietnam.
This novel initiative will see our students interacting to develop international skills, cultural intelligence and build networks with students from diverse backgrounds to allow them to be global citizens of tomorrow.
Study tours are part of the extra-curricular programme provided at Singapore International School. These Tours are organised annually during the July vacation for staff and students to our partner schools in Singapore, Australia, and USA.
The target students for the Singapore Study Tour are Year 4 and Year 5 students while the Australia Study Tour is for Year 6 and Year 7 students, and the USA study tour is for Year 8 students upwards.
The usual organisational sequence for a study tour is as follows:
- Study tour letters and survey forms are sent home about three months prior to the study tour
- A briefing session for parents interested in registering their child for the study tour is conducted
- Staff are selected to accompany students on the study tour
- Registration forms, fees, and other required documents are collected about two months before the study tour and applications for student and staff visas are made if necessary
- A second briefing session is conducted about a fortnight before departure to inform parents of all final arrangements.
By participating in these tours, students have the opportunity to study and integrate with students of our partner schools. The tours also provide them with chances to learn about the nature, country, culture and people of the host country.